There is good news and bad news for those seeking a career as a Home Health Aide in Vermont. The good news is that HHA’s in Vermont are some of the highest paid in the United States. The bad news is that jobs are scarce, however the scarcity is relative to the population. In other words, because of the lower population in Vermont, the need for Certified Home Health Aides is low as well, but proportionately it is very similar to most other States. Another thing to consider is the proximity to States like Massachusetts and New York where HHA’s are in high demand and also earn higher than average salaries.
Home Health Aide Salary in Vermont
According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, an HHA in Vermont will earn an average of $27,090 per year, which ranks 3rd on the list of the highest paying States in the U.S. for Home Health Aide Salaries. These figures come from a report that was published in May of 2011. HHA salaries in Vermont are only slightly higher than those in Massachusetts where jobs are plentiful. In fact, two of the highest paying metropolitan areas in the United States for Home Health Aides are Framingham and New Bedford, MA. So in spite of a lack of jobs in VT, there is tremendous opportunity nearby.
Home Health Aide Training in Vermont
Training requirements for Home Health Aides in the State of Vermont are overseen by the Vermont Assembly of Home Health Agencies which governs Home Health Care agencies as well as Hospice facilities in Vermont. The VAHHA defines what training is required including:
- HIPAA Compliance
- Medical Decision Making
- Abuse and Neglect
- Personal Care
For more detailed information on the requirements, we recommend contacting one of the recommended Home Health Aide Training schools listed below!
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!