If you enjoy having a personal relationship with a person who needs your help, then perhaps you should consider Home Health Aide training in La Puente, CA. Imagine the rewarding feeling you’ll have when you assist an elderly or disabled person to lead a healthier and happier life.
Many people who are disabled, elderly, or ill, can continue to live in their own homes or in residential care, rather than in health care facilities or institutions. Home health aides and personal care aides work with clients who do not require an institutional health environment, but need more extensive personal and home care than family or friends can provide.
Some home and personal care aides work with discharged hospital patients who have relatively short-term needs, or with families in which a parent is unable to provide care for small children. Home and personal care aides do not provide medical treatments or assistance-that’s handled by nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides.
Common Home Health Aide Training Classes
- Principles of physical therapy and body mechanics
- Proper lifting techniques
- Healthy food preparation and nutrition
- Physiology and anatomy
- Infection control
- Communication and educational skills for working with both patients and families
- Patients rights and ethics
- Day to day patient help with personal care such as dressing and bathing
Recommended Schools for Home Health Aide Training Classes in La Puente, CA
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
What Tasks do Home Health Aides and Personal Care Aides Perform?
After you complete your HHA Classes in La Puente, CA, what kind of work can you expect to do? Home Health Aides may clean clients’ houses, do laundry, and change bed linens. They commonly provide housekeeping and routine personal care services, and may plan meals, shop for food, and cook. HHA’s also may help their clients perform everyday tasks such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, and grooming, and may escort their clients to medical appointments or on other errands.
What is the Job Outlook for Home Health Aides?
The number of elderly people in the United States is growing. Inpatient care in nursing homes and hospitals can be very expensive, and so to keep costs down, patients often return to their homes from these facilities as quickly as possible. Elderly and recovering patients who need assistance with household chores and everyday tasks can often reduce their medical expenses by living at home. In addition, many people requiring care prefer to live in a familiar home environment, and may recover more quickly at home than in an institutional setting.
According to the U.S. Government’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, between 2008 and 2018 employment of home health aides is projected to grow by 50 percent, which is much faster than the average for all occupations. This occupation will be among the occupations adding the most new jobs, growing by nearly 461,000 jobs over the ten year period.
What are the Training Requirements for HHA Certification?
Requirements vary state by state. Many states require formal training, which is available from community colleges, vocational schools, elder care programs, and home health care agencies.
Home health aides generally work for agencies that receive government funding, and so are required to comply with government regulations and work under the supervision of a medical professional. In contrast, personal and home care aides work for a variety of non-government-funded agencies and may perform their tasks under the supervision of a social worker or other non-medical professional.
The National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC) offers national certification for personal and home care aides. Certification requires the applicant to master 17 skills for competency as assessed by a registered nurse, to complete a 75-hour course, and to pass a written exam developed by NAHC. Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3898092
If you’re looking for a career that allows you to help people feel better and lead happier lives-but without being involved in providing medical treatment-then training to become a home health aide or personal care aide may be perfect for you. Take a minute and use the form at the top of this page to find a school that offers Home Health Aide training near La Puente, CA and begin your journey to a great new career!