If you enjoy having a personal relationship with a person who needs your help, then perhaps you should consider Home Health Aide training in Paramount, CA. Imagine the rewarding feeling you’ll have when you assist an elderly or disabled person to lead a healthier and happier life.
Many people who are disabled, elderly, or ill, can continue to live in their own homes or in residential care, rather than in health care facilities or institutions. Home health aides and personal care aides work with clients who do not require an institutional health environment, but need more extensive personal and home care than family or friends can provide.
Some home and personal care aides work with discharged hospital patients who have relatively short-term needs, or with families in which a parent is unable to provide care for small children. Home and personal care aides do not provide medical treatments or assistance-that’s handled by nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides.
Common Home Health Aide Training Classes
- Principles of physical therapy and body mechanics
- Proper lifting techniques
- Healthy food preparation and nutrition
- Physiology and anatomy
- Infection control
- Communication and educational skills for working with both patients and families
- Patients rights and ethics
- Day to day patient help with personal care such as dressing and bathing
Recommended Schools for Home Health Aide Training Classes in Paramount, CA
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Assistant
- Respiratory Therapy
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
What Tasks do Home Health Aides and Personal Care Aides Perform?
After you complete your HHA Classes in Paramount, CA, what kind of work can you expect to do? Home Health Aides may clean clients’ houses, do laundry, and change bed linens. They commonly provide housekeeping and routine personal care services, and may plan meals, shop for food, and cook. HHA’s also may help their clients perform everyday tasks such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, and grooming, and may escort their clients to medical appointments or on other errands.
What is the Job Outlook for Home Health Aides?
The number of elderly people in the United States is growing. Inpatient care in nursing homes and hospitals can be very expensive, and so to keep costs down, patients often return to their homes from these facilities as quickly as possible. Elderly and recovering patients who need assistance with household chores and everyday tasks can often reduce their medical expenses by living at home. In addition, many people requiring care prefer to live in a familiar home environment, and may recover more quickly at home than in an institutional setting.
According to the U.S. Government’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, between 2008 and 2018 employment of home health aides is projected to grow by 50 percent, which is much faster than the average for all occupations. This occupation will be among the occupations adding the most new jobs, growing by nearly 461,000 jobs over the ten year period.
What are the Training Requirements for HHA Certification?
Requirements vary state by state. Many states require formal training, which is available from community colleges, vocational schools, elder care programs, and home health care agencies.
Home health aides generally work for agencies that receive government funding, and so are required to comply with government regulations and work under the supervision of a medical professional. In contrast, personal and home care aides work for a variety of non-government-funded agencies and may perform their tasks under the supervision of a social worker or other non-medical professional.
The National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC) offers national certification for personal and home care aides. Certification requires the applicant to master 17 skills for competency as assessed by a registered nurse, to complete a 75-hour course, and to pass a written exam developed by NAHC. Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3898092
If you’re looking for a career that allows you to help people feel better and lead happier lives-but without being involved in providing medical treatment-then training to become a home health aide or personal care aide may be perfect for you. Take a minute and use the form at the top of this page to find a school that offers Home Health Aide training near Paramount, CA and begin your journey to a great new career!